What does domestic home insurance cover and why do you need it?

For many people, the only thing worse than something happening to their home or possessions is not having the funds to put things right. That’s why choosing the right level of insurance protection is so important. Home insurance can be confusing; it’s easy to underestimate the cost of rebuilding your home or replacing the contents and it can be hard to know which policy is right for you.

There are 3 main types of domestic home insurance: buildings insurance,
which covers the cost of repairing damage to the structure of your property, contents insurance, which covers the cost of replacing damage or stolen belongings that you keep at home, or a policy that combines both.

Building insurance
Most policies cover the cost of rebuilding your house from the ground up, including walls, windows, the roof, and bathroom and kitchen fittings. Not to be confused with the market value of your home, it generally covers the cost of loss or damage caused by:
● natural disasters or subsidence
● fallen trees, lamp posts, or satellite dishes
● fire, smoke damage or explosions
● vandalism
● vehicles colliding with your property.

Contents insurance
This covers replacing stolen or damaged items, such as furniture, electricals, white goods (e.g. fridges, washing machines), kitchenware, clothes, jewellery, ornaments and antiques.

A combined policy will offer the best protection. If you need expert advice to help you find the right policy or value your home and possessions, get in touch with the team here at ABIS. We work with leading underwriters to check the small print and make sure you have the right level of cover, so if the worst should happen, you can make a hassle-free claim and get
back on your feet again.

Eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor.– Anger Mathe

– Anger Mathe